Our Core Beliefs
Grounded In The Rock-Solid Foundation Of Scripture
1. The whole counsel of Scripture is inspired, infallible, and absolute truth, that is profitable and resounding with hope.
2. There is only one true and living God, who eternally exists in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—who are equal in divine perfections, yet have distinct roles.
3. The Word of God is more precious than gold or silver, and is sweeter than honey and drippings from the honeycomb. On it we desire to meditate day and night.
4. God's zeal for His glory and renown is uppermost in His affections and desires, and He does all things for the display of this glory.
5. Everything in the universe was created for the glory of Jesus Christ, who became the God man and by his death, satisfied and turned away the wrath of God for all who trust in him.
6. Man was created in God's image but through the disobedience of our first parents, incurred physical and spiritual death. As a result, all people are born separated from God because of inherited sin and are lost and hopeless apart from salvation in Christ.
7. The Gospel is the good news of God's sovereign and saving grace towards sinners. Jesus Christ, the eternal son of God, took on human nature, lived a sinless life, and died in the place of sinners.
8. Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, triumphing over sin, death, hell, Satan and all evil, and is now seated at the right hand of God; He will come again in glory to establish His kingdom of righteousness, justice, and peace for all who eagerly await His return.
9. From the smallest detail to the most significant event, we believe in God's absolute providence governing and controlling all things for the display of His glory, including the application and achievement of salvation.
10. Salvation is a free gift received only by God's grace, through faith in Jesus Christ alone. Anyone who repents and trusts in Jesus Christ and His wrath-absorbing substitutionary death on their behalf, receives forgiveness of their sins and the gift of eternal life.
11. The Holy Spirit works to progressively transform genuine believers more and more into the image of Christ.
12. We are called to love others out of the overflow of our joy in God—a joy that seeks to gladly and generously meet the needs of others, especially their eternal need for a saving faith in Christ.
13. Christ gave himself for His Bride, the Church, against which nothing can prevail. The universal church, composed of genuine followers of Christ, exists to exult in the excellencies of God and to bring glory and honor to His great and majestic name.
14. We uphold the great cause of world evangelization for the glory of Christ, because no one is saved without hearing the Gospel.
15. Jesus Christ will return to the earth in bodily form to establish His kingdom in the new heavens and new earth. He will raise from the dead both the redeemed and lost—the saved to the fullness of everlasting joy and pleasures in the radiance of His glorious presence, and the lost to eternal wrath and banishment away from the presence of God.